Saturday, December 5, 2009

Football Cupcakes

Okay, so I know I said I was going to start this whole blog thing, so here it is, my first "real" post! The top picture are the first "fun" cupcakes I ever made. I made them for Brian's birthday in January 2008 and both sets for the Chiefs season opener in August 2008.
To make the football field cupcakes, cover the cupcake in green frosting. I took white piping gel/icing and drew the yard lines and field marker. For the flag, cut small triangles out of red fruit roll-ups and wrap around a pretzel stick. Peanut M&M's with laces drawn on are the footballs.

For the KC Arrowhead, I drew many arrowheads on a sheet of paper, then layed a sheet of wax paper over it and put them on a cookie sheet. I was able to trace the arrowhead with melted white chocolate. Refrigerate until hardened, remove and place on cupcakes. I wanted frost the cupcakes in red, but I had no red food coloring left! The KC is melted chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers